Tuesday 12 May 2015

The Beauty Blogger tag:
























Hello everyone! I realised when checking over my blog that I have introduced myself, but haven't actually provided an insight on my personality and the life I live. So I've decided to do the beauty blogger tag to let you in on the type of person I am. Enjoy! 

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally quite wavy but kinks up at the end. I've concluded that my hair hates me.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? 
Considering that the first (and only) time I dyed my hair it had turned orange, the salon. Although I'm currently opting away from dye to promote healthy hair.



3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I like to change the style up a bit to keep it interesting. Sometimes if I'm really into a particular look, I'll wear that one more predominately. I tend to stick to down and natural or up in a high pony tail.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
My own, ain't nobody got time to go to the salon.

5. How often do you change your nail polish? 
I very rarely paint my nails. I'm either too impatient to wait for the polish to dry or end up chipping them at work. It's a sad life when you have ugly hands but eh. 

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I don't really take the seasons into consideration when it comes to my toenails. If I want to paint them, I will paint them.

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
It depends on the day, occasion and my level of laziness. On a school day, I spend 20-30 minutes, depending further on whether I skip foundation on a good skin day. If I have an important event on then I will need at least an hour to an hour and a half.

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face. Personally, I have tried applying my eye makeup first but don't see how people can do it before face makeup. I feel as though I can't get an even coverage and have to be more cautious not to get foundation/concealer on my eyes.

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Considering the fact that I have brought 4 foundations this month, I am a collector. I feel like there are so many beauty products out there to experiment with that I can't just stick to what I need. Although it would be a hell of a lot better for my bank account if I did.

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I never wear fake eyelashes. My eyelashes are naturally very long and curled so I'm able to achieve the full lash effect with a good mascara instead. I remember once letting my friend apply falsies on me, only to find that my natural lashes were longer than the fake ones.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
No I don't for a couple of reasons. Firstly, wearing too much makeup clogs my pores and breaks me out. Secondly, I feel like a full face everyday is a bit overdone. You can get flawless face while still remaining naturals for minimal in products.

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
When home alone or with immediate family/close friends, I don't bother wearing makeup. But if we are talking about the rest of my family, I do because that are quite judgemental of imperfections.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Like the previous questions, it all depends on how clear my skin is. I lose the confidence to go out in public without makeup when my skin is quite bad.

14. How many high-end products do you have?
I currently don't have any; I haven't felt the need to spent too much on products when there are cheaper alternatives in drugstores. But I do want to expand and try a few high-end products in the future.

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Well considering I am in a school uniform 5 days a week, no. Plus, I usually leave my outfits to the last minute from my indecisive nature.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
I change my handbag and purse way too frequently according to everyone who knows me. I switch between my bags each week/to match an outfit or I go out and buy a new bag every couple of months. It's becoming an obsession.

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
My sleep patterns are extremely abnormal. My brain has wired itself to become tired when I get more than 6 hours of sleep a night. So I usually go to sleep around 1am and wake up by 7am.

18. How often or when do you workout?
I don't work out as much as I probably should. Lets leave it at that :P

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right handed. Fun fact: I had to become left handed for a year after fracturing my right wrist.

20. How tall are you?
5 feet, 5 inches

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I learnt Italian for 5 years, Indonesian for 2 years and French for a year... But have forgotten absolutely everything from all three. I think all I know is that rosa means red in Italian.

22. How many pets do you have?
I have one cheeky little Pomeranian cross shih tzu.

23. How often are you on Blogger?
At the moment several times a day to set up my blog and change the layout to my satisfaction. I may reduce to once a day once everything is complete.

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes and I will make an effort to reply to all of them :)

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes, at the back of my blog planner. I love discovering new products to try so if you have any suggestions, let me know. 

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I have struggled with self esteem issues for as long as I can remember. I had wanted to start a blog for a couple of years but held back from the fear of negative judgement on my physical appearance and who I am in general. One of my main reasons for this blog is to build some confidence and to find "the beauty in" me. Also, my name is nickname is Bri :P so voila, you get 'The Beauty in Bri'

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
At the moment I am using my iPhone6 (I know right, real professional) but will soon be upgrading to an actual camera. 

28. How often do you clean your house?
I'm quite a neat freak so I like to keep the house clean on a daily basis.

29. What's your favourite colour?
Tiffany blue.

30. Do you swear?
Yes, a little too much according to my mother.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Most likely preparing for my exams in a couple of weeks... How fun -.-


∆ Stay beautiful, Bri xx

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It's nice to get to know a bit more about the people behind the blogs I discover and read. :) I think I will have to do this tag very soon on my blog!
    Cute little blog you have, you have a new follower. :)
    -Paige x

    http://paigeelizabeth1.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think it's important to know the person behind the screen. You should definitely do this tag; I'm interested in getting to know you a little more as well :)

      Delete